Free health checks are available to the public at Albuoy's Point, Hamilton on Friday, 18 August, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The Department of Health's Community Nursing team is "Taking it to the streets" to screen adults 18 and over. Two further sessions will be held on Friday, 1 September (Dr. E. F. Gordon Square) and Friday, 22 September (King's Square, St. George), also from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
What do they do?
The Department of Immigration determines who can enter Bermuda, how long they can stay, and who is or isn’t a Bermudian.
The Department of Immigration processes:
- requests for Bermudian status
- applications for permanent residency
- travel documents
- work permits
- applications for naturalisation as a British Overseas Territories Citizen
- licenses to purchase land
- requests for permission to reside, seek employment, attend school
- letters for spouses of Bermudians
- landing permits
- airline ticket validations