What do they do?
Government Notice: Please be advised that the Department of Immigration is currently undertaking a project to improve our processes and services to the public. Some of the benefits that this project will deliver includes faster application turnaround time along with an improve customer communication channel. With this in mind, we crave your understanding and patience as we work to provide a first-class immigration service.
The following is the list of application for services that the Department of Immigration provides to the public. Please click on each corresponding link to view the requirements, fees, how to apply and to download the application form.
The Department of Immigration processes:
- applications for Bermudian status
- applications for Permanent residency
- applications for Work permits
- applications for Partner-Genuine and Subsisting Relationships
- applications for Letter of Permission
- applications for One Year Residential Certificates
- applications for Naturalisation as a British Overseas Territory Citizen
- applications for British Overseas Territories Passport
- applications for Permission to reside, seek employment, attend school
- applications for Letters for spouses of Bermudians
- applications for Landing permits
- applications for Residence
- applications for Economic Investment Certificate & Residential Certificate
- applications for Mixed Status Families
- applications for Visitor’s Extension
- View all Immigration Fees and online payment guidance
- application for Extension of Spouse’s Employment Rights
- Immigration tips
How to Apply
In order to make application for Bermudian Status the following steps must be taken:
Visit the department of immigration website: https://www.gov.bm/department/immigration
Identify the application of interest then select from list of processes
Download the Application Form
Print the application form and complete the application form with black (for passport applications single sided paper nad black ink only) or blue ink. Obtain all required documents based on notes checklist.
Make online payment to the HSBC bank Account to include description
eg FULL NAME DOB Type of Application i.e. JOHN MOE 27 MAY 1978 Passport (View all Immigration Fees and online payment guidance)
Make a copy of the online payment receipt and include with your application submission
Submit the application and all required documents in the Immigration Drop Box on the First Floor of the Government Administration Building with copy of online payment Confirmation.
A member of the ImmigrationTeam will contact each applicant to advise if items are missing by email, once all items are submitted and the Application is deemed complete the applicant will be duly advised along with the expected timelines.
After review of the appropriate section please direct all queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org