What do they do?
The Department of Immigration determines who can enter Bermuda, how long they can stay, and who is or isn’t a Bermudian.
Advisory: The Department of Immigration will partially re-open Monday May 4th, 2020, observing strict social and physical distancing as outlined by the Ministry of Health. All staff will work in shifts in accordance with a defined work schedule. see Department of Immigration Phased Resumption of Services Info Guide
The Department of Immigration processes:
- requests for Bermudian status
- applications for permanent residency
- travel documents
- work permits
- applications for naturalisation as a British Overseas Territories Citizen
- licenses to purchase land
- requests for permission to reside, seek employment, attend school
- letters for spouses of Bermudians
- landing permits
- airline ticket validations