Marine and Ports reminded that the catamaran ferries are an efficient, cost effective and scenic way to commute to Hamilton, particularly from the West End. The Department encourages the public to consider utilizing the fast ferries and invites the public to review the complete ferry schedule online at Summer Ferry Schedule 2018.
The Department of Immigration has the responsibility of administering and enforcing the tenets of the Bermuda Immigration and Protection Act 1956 and its related policies. It serves residents of Bermuda with respect to employment, travel documents, and land licence permissions and it also serves tourists with visitor stays.
What do they do?
The Department of Immigration determines who can enter Bermuda, how long they can stay, and who is or isn’t a Bermudian.
The Department of Immigration processes:
- requests for Bermudian status
- applications for permanent residency
- travel documents
- work permits
- applications for naturalisation as a British Overseas Territories Citizen
- licenses to purchase land
- requests for permission to reside, seek employment, attend school
- letters for spouses of Bermudians
- landing permits
- airline ticket validations