Government Notice: Please be advised that the Department of Immigration is currently undertaking a project to improve our processes and services to the public. Some of the benefits that this project will deliver includes faster application turnaround time along with an improve customer communication channel. With this in mind, we crave your understanding and patience as we work to provide a first-class immigration service.
A Letter of Permission may be granted to a not-for-profit organisation, a registered charity, or religious institution such as a coach or teacher of sports, clergy, a speaker or a musician or entertainer – whether they are being remunerated or not.
Such a person is given permission to stay for 30 days if the application is granted. A Visitor's Extension may be granted as long as the total stay does not exceed 60 days, after applying and paying the required fee. If staying longer than 60 days, a work permit should be applied for.
In cases where a group is landed for the same purpose (e.g. an orchestra or choir or sports team), the Letter of Permission fee is payable for each member. However, this fee is capped at five persons (see fees below).
You will need to submit the following information:
- Letter of Permission Application Form
- Proof of Citizenship (passport)
- Required fees
- Proof of multi-entry Visa/Permanent Resident Card issued by USA, Canada or UK
- Payment of government taxes and employee benefits
- Proof of Registration as a Charity (Charity Number)/ Not for Profit Organisation or Religious Institution
You will also need to supply a supplementary sheet with additional information that includes:
- Company name and contact information (dated and signed)
- Name, date of birth and nationality of applicant
- Reason for request
- Details on efforts to employ local resources and why local resources were not selected
If the letter of permission is for musicians/entertainers, you must also supply event and group details and provide a receipt from Bermuda Entertainment Union.
The Department of immigration will only accept payment via bank transfers or online payments. Refer to the guidance below for all payments.
Online Payments Guidance
- The client will complete the application(s)
- Deposit or transfer fees into Immigrations HSBC bank account
- Include confirmation of transfer, receipt or screen shot on mobile phone that payment has been processed.
- Applications will be placed in the Immigration drop box on the First Floor of the government Administration Building.
Bank account details:
BMD - 010125243001
USD - 010125243501
Online Reference Description: Required for all transactions
Company Name, applicant Name, application type
ABC Ltd - J. Doe - Letter of Permission
Name DOB application type
Joe Doe, 01/12/65, Letter of Permission
|(c) under a letter of permission (where the Minister may grant such permission for a period of time specified in the letter not exceeding 1 year) to not-for-profit organisations, where the services being provided are free of charge at the request and for the direct benefit of the Government||$105|
|A letter of permission (where under the Minister may grant such permission for a period of time specified in the letter not exceeding 1 year to not-for-profit organisations including registered charitable organisations for the employment of coaches, teachers of sports and recreation, clergy, speakers and musicians) (Note: For applications submitted for 6 or more persons, a group fee of $550 will apply)||$110|
|For applications submitted for six or more persons, the group fee:||$550|
How to Apply
In order to make application for Letter of Permission the following steps must be taken:
Visit the department of immigration website: https://www.gov.bm/department/immigration
Identify the application of interest then select from list of processes
Download the Application Form
Print the application form and complete the application form with black (for passport applications single sided paper nad black ink only) or blue ink. Obtain all required documents based on notes checklist.
Make online payment to the HSBC bank Account to include description
- eg FULL NAME DOB Type of Application i.e. JOHN MOE 27 MAY 1978 Passport (View all Immigration Fees and online payment guidance)
- Make a copy of the online payment receipt and include with your application submission
Submit the application and all required documents in the Immigration Drop Box on the First Floor of the Government Administration Building with copy of online payment Confirmation.
A member of the ImmigrationTeam will contact each applicant to advise if items are missing by email, once all items are submitted and the Application is deemed complete the applicant will be duly advised along with the expected timelines.
After review of the appropriate section please direct all queries to: email@example.com