The Transport Control Department’s (TCD) brief covers anything to do with motor vehicles in Bermuda, although it does test vehicles for safety or emissions.
What do they do?
TCD is responsible for:
- Driver examinations and licensing;
- Vehicle inspections and registration;
- Licence plates, including personalized plates;
- Regulating the size, number, and quality of vehicles on Bermuda’s roads; and
- Inspecting the Government of Bermuda’s public service vehicles for safety
The Transport Control Department does test vehicles for safety or emissions.