• To view changes to the garbage collection schedule and Tyne's Bay Waste Facility hours for the Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day holidays please click here.  

Vehicle permits and fees

You can visit the main Transport Control Department (TCD) location and request a Sunday permit, or a permit to move an unlicensed vehicle. You will need to explain your situation, pay a small fee (see table below) and show valid insurance.  Your information will be recorded by TCD.

Permit Fees

Type Of Permit


One Day Casual Permit - Allows holder to move unlicensed vehicle


One Day Truck Casual Permit


One Day Sunday Permit


One Year Sunday Permit for Light Trucks


One Year Sunday Permit for Intermediate Trucks


One Year Sunday Permit for Heavy-A Trucks


One Year Sunday Permit for Heavy-B Trucks


One Year Sunday Permit for Heavy-C Trucks



Hire Trucks Permits


 Lunch Wagon


 Water Truck


 Sanitation Truck


 Dump/General Truck


 Boat Trailer


 Tractor Trailer


 Sewage Tank Wagon


 Rental Truck Permits


 Rental Truck


 Permits for trucks other than Hire or Rental Trucks


 Light/Light Private Truck


 Intermediate Truck


 Passenger Truck


 Class A Heavy Truck


 Class B Heavy Truck


 Class C Heavy Truck


 Garbage Collection Truck (HX)


 Tractor Head


 Light Trailer


 Intermediate Trailer


 Heavy Trailer


 Trailer SP


 Trailer XT


 Trailer LXT


Luxury Limousine




Reinstating Expired Truck Permit