Harrington Sound Primary School building will be closed tomorrow - Friday, May 26. All students, in school uniform, to meet their teachers at Albouy's Point Park in Hamilton for 8:30am where registration will be taken prior to travel to Dockyard. Parents to pick up their students from Albouy's Park between 2:30 - 3:30pm. More details here.
What do they do?
The Department of Marine and Ports operates Bermuda’s ferry services.
In addition to providing public sea transportation to Bermuda residents and visitors, the department:
- is responsible for the safe movement of international shipping in Bermudian waters;
- monitors commercial and recreational boat traffic in local waters;
- performs offshore marine search and rescue and seaport security;
- runs pilotage, tug, and line boat services at Bermuda ports;
- maintains all marine aids to navigation;
- performs salvage work;
- manages boat and mooring registration; and
- provides oil spill response.