The Consultation Paper on Proposed AML/ATF Legislative Amendments sets out the measures the Bermuda Government proposes to take when Parliament reconvenes in May. Your feedback and comments are invited by 04 May, 2017.
What do they do?
The Department of Marine and Ports operates Bermuda’s ferry services.
In addition to providing public sea transportation to Bermuda residents and visitors, the department:
- is responsible for the safe movement of international shipping in Bermudian waters;
- monitors commercial and recreational boat traffic in local waters;
- performs offshore marine search and rescue and seaport security;
- runs pilotage, tug, and line boat services at Bermuda ports;
- maintains all marine aids to navigation;
- performs salvage work;
- manages boat and mooring registration; and
- provides oil spill response.