You can now get bus alerts by email through the Ministry of Transport and Regulatory Affairs' automated alert system. Subscribe at www.gov.bm/bus-alerts. The Dept. of Public Transportation will send you any changes to the normal schedule by 5:00 am and by 4:00 pm each day.
The Department of Marine and Ports Services oversees marine affairs in Bermuda.
What do they do?
The Department of Marine and Ports Services:
- operates Bermuda’s ferry services, which integrates with the bus service.
- Sells transit fare media including tokens, tickets and passes.
- publishes ferry schedules and route maps.
- is responsible for the safe movement of international shipping in Bermudian waters.
- monitors commercial and recreational boat traffic in local waters.
- performs offshore marine search and rescue and seaport security.
- runs pilotage, tug, and line boat services at Bermuda ports.
- maintains all marine aids to navigation.
- performs salvage work.
- manages boat and mooring registration.
- provides oil spill response.