• The Ministry of Public Works wishes to advise motorists crossing the St George’s Swing Bridge that from Monday 27th February until Tuesday 28th February a ramp will be installed on the south side of the bridge to facilitate the works which is likely to cause traffic disruption.  Motorists are advised to reduce their speed to 10km/h when going over the ramp.   


Financial Assistance

Bermudians without the financial resources to support themselves can seek help from the Department of Financial Assistance. 

What do they do?

The Department of Financial Assistance assesses Bermudians who may be in need of a financial award to meet a minimum standard of living.  The Department evaluates required documents/ information in order to determine eligibility for an award that is within the legislative guidelines.  

The Department of Financial Assistance also offers groups or individual counselling to help Bermudians better manage their personal finances. These services include money management and life skills groups to assist you with budgeting to gain control of your finances 

Read the Department of Financial Assistance’s Public Access to Information statement

If you know anyone who is using this service inappropriately or fraudulently, please let us know by contacting the Anonymous hotline at (441) 297-STOP (7867).

How can I contact Financial Assistance with general inquiries? 

Telephone: (441) 297-7600 

In person: 

Global House – First Floor 

43 Church Street 

Hamilton, HM 12