Members of the public are invited to submit requests to rezone property or amend policies in the Bermuda Plan 2008. Requests should be submitted on a Rezoning Request form and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted by hand to the Department of Planning, 5th Floor, Dame Lois Browne-Evans Building, 58 Court Street no later than Friday, 31March 2017.
Consumer Affairs ensures that “unfair business practices” and “unconscionable acts” are not prevalent in everyday consumer business transactions and regulates all rent controlled residential properties in Bermuda.
Consumer Affairs informs residents and businesses about product alerts and recall information or for general information about being a smart consumer in Bermuda.
What do they do?
Consumer Affairs is responsible for:
- product recalls
- consumer market research
- assessing applications for rent increases
- advising landlords and tenants on tenancy issues
- mediating disputes between parties upon request
In addition, Consumer Affairs oversees the regulations for all rental controlled properties in Bermuda. Any issues related to tenants and landlords should be directed to the Consumer Affairs Rent Commission, including:
- rent and rental deposit increases;
- the general rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
Consumer Affairs does not:
- provide legal advice or act as a legal representative on your behalf
- pursue complaints that are unjustified based on law
- divulge specific information about whether there has been a complaint against a trader
How can I contact Consumer Affairs with general inquiries?
Consumer Affairs (441) 297-7627
Rent Commission (441) 297-7700
Fax: (441) 297-7640
D. Rego Building, 3rd Floor
75 Reid Street
Hamilton HM 12
By E-mail: email@example.com
Facebook: Consumer Affairs Bermuda