Marine and Ports reminded that the catamaran ferries are an efficient, cost effective and scenic way to commute to Hamilton, particularly from the West End. The Department encourages the public to consider utilizing the fast ferries and invites the public to review the complete ferry schedule online at Summer Ferry Schedule 2018.
Consumer Affairs ensures that “unfair business practices” and “unconscionable acts” are not prevalent in everyday consumer business transactions and regulates all rent controlled residential properties in Bermuda.
Consumer Affairs informs residents and businesses about product alerts and recall information or for general information about being a smart consumer in Bermuda.
What do they do?
Consumer Affairs is responsible for:
- product recalls
- consumer market research
- assessing applications for rent increases
- advising landlords and tenants on tenancy issues
- mediating disputes between parties upon request
- deal with complaints about a business
- provide information to help you before you buy
- refer you to other services for assistance
In addition, Consumer Affairs oversees the regulations for all rental controlled properties in Bermuda. Any issues related to tenants and landlords should be directed to the Consumer Affairs Rent Commission, including:
- rent and rental deposit increases;
- the general rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
Consumer Affairs does not:
- provide legal advice or act as a legal representative on your behalf
- pursue complaints that are unjustified based on law
- divulge specific information about whether there has been a complaint against a trader