The Department of Parks is advising that the Lifeguard Service will temporarily cease operations at Horseshoe Bay beach from Friday, 19 October through Monday, 22 October. Lifeguard services will resume with normal operating hours, 10 am – 6 pm, on Tuesday, 23 October.
What do they do?
Consumer Affairs is responsible for:
- product recalls
- consumer market research
- assessing applications for rent increases
- advising landlords and tenants on tenancy issues
- mediating disputes between parties upon request
- deal with complaints about a business
- provide information to help you before you buy
- refer you to other services for assistance
In addition, Consumer Affairs oversees the regulations for all rental controlled properties in Bermuda. Any issues related to tenants and landlords should be directed to the Consumer Affairs Rent Commission, including:
- rent and rental deposit increases;
- the general rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
Consumer Affairs does not:
- provide legal advice or act as a legal representative on your behalf
- pursue complaints that are unjustified based on law
- divulge specific information about whether there has been a complaint against a trader