Accountant General

The Accountant General is in charge of all of the Government of Bermuda’s money, including money you pay to the government or that your government pays you. 

What do they do?

The Accountant General manages the working capital—money—for the Government of Bermuda. Managing the budget involves:

  • monitoring the funds coming into and out of government accounts;
  • managing the Government of Bermuda’s investments and cash holdings;
  • collecting payments from residents and tourists for taxes and fees;
  • managing the Government of Bermuda's pension funds; and
  • providing all government employees, pensioners, and their dependents with Government Employee Health Insurance (GEHI).

How can I contact the Accountant General with general inquiries?

Mailing Address: 
P.O. Box HM 1193 
Hamilton, HM EX 

The Accountant General Cashiers are located at:      
Government Administration Building, Ground Floor
30 Parliament Street, Hamilton 
Hamilton HM 12

Hours of Operation: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

PATI Statements