The Accountant General is in charge of all of the Government of Bermuda’s money, including money you pay to the government or that your government pays you.
What do they do?
The Accountant General manages the working capital—money—for the Government of Bermuda. Managing the budget involves:
- monitoring the funds coming into and out of government accounts;
- managing the Government of Bermuda’s investments and cash holdings;
- collecting payments from residents and tourists for taxes and fees;
- managing the Government of Bermuda's pension funds; and
- providing all government employees, pensioners, and their dependents with Government Employee Health Insurance (GEHI).