What do they do?
The Accountant General manages the working capital—money—for the Government of Bermuda. Managing the budget involves:
- monitoring the funds coming into and out of government accounts;
- managing the Government of Bermuda’s investments and cash holdings;
- collecting payments from residents and tourists for taxes and fees;
- managing the Government of Bermuda's pension funds; and
- providing all government employees, pensioners, and their dependents with Government Employee Health Insurance (GEHI).