• The Ministry of Health is seeking your views on the proposed Sugar Tax and changes to the Mental Health Act. You will find the consultation documents and online feedback forms here.

Report a pollution problem

Avoid delay by making sure you contact the correct department when reporting a pollution problem.

Air pollution includes fumes or odours coming from sources such as:

  • Equipment or facilities that emit exhaust, fumes or odours
  • Open burning of any materials
  • Sewage treatment plants
  • Electrical generators
  • Spray paint facilities
  • Sand sifter
  • Rock crushers

Water pollution includes the pollution of groundwater, ponds or seawater from any sources (fuel tanks, boats/ships, etc).

Who do I contact to report a pollution problem?

Air or water pollution

Contact the Department of Environment and Natural Resources at or call (441) 239-2303 or (441) 239-2356 or (441) 239-2318

Asbestos, drinking water and building air quality

Contact the Environmental Health section of the Department of Health at or (441) 278-5333


Contact the Bermuda Police at (441) 295-0011

Littering and Illegal Dumping

Contact the Ministry of Public Works at (441) 278-0560 or email

Garbage Collection

Contact the Ministry of Public Works at (441) 297-7454.

Vehicle emission

Contact the Transport Control Department (TDC) at (441) 292-1271 and ask for the Senior Examiner.