• The Ministry of Public Works is advising that effective August 6, 2018, Blackwatch Pass will be closed to traffic so that construction works can be conducted. The closure will be for an extended period of time. While Blackwatch Pass is closed the public is encouraged to seek alternative routes to avoid delays.


  • The Ministry of Transport and Regulatory Affairs is advising that beginning Friday, August 10 the Central Bus Terminal ticket kiosk in Hamilton will operate on an amended schedule. Read more

Import, use or export controlled chemicals

If you want to import, use or export controlled chemicals, you need to apply for a permit. The list of Controlled Chemicals can be found in the Clean Air Regulations 1993.

Required information

To complete this application, you will need to make sure you have the following information:

  • Overseas address of chemical supplier/receiver
  • Location where the chemicals are to be stored
  • Chemical Name, common name and UN Number
  • Intended use of each chemical
  • Number of containers/canisters, size, net weight of each chemical
  • Approximate date of import/export
  • Weight/volume of chemical presently in stock
  • Mode of transportation