To apply for a construction permit or operating licence for a controlled plant, you must complete the application and submit it with the appropriate fee.
How to apply for a construction permit and operation licences for a controlled plant
To complete this application, you will need to make sure you have the following information:
- Agent mailing address and contact information
- Details on proposed location of controlled plant
- Details on the type of controlled plant
- Information on electrical generators including
- Environmental Authority Operational Policy #9 – Backup Electrical Generators Emission levels and noise levels’ Environmental Authority Policy 9 - Back-Up Electrical Generators -Exhaus...
- Backup Electrical Generator - Noise Pre-Consultation Backup Electrical Generator - Noise PreConultation
- Sound Level Modelling Guidance – Backup Electrical Generators (for engineers, architectural companies, etc.) Sound Level Modelling Guidance - Backup Electrical Generators
- Information on sewage treatment plants including
- Environmental Authority Operational Policy #2 – Wastewater Disposal and Treatment Environmental Authority Operational Policy 2 Waste Water Disposal
It is recommended that you drop off the forms in person at the Department of Environment and Natural Resources at one of the following addresses:
169 South Road, Paget
Bermuda DV 04
General Administraion Building
30 Parliament St, Hamilton
Bermuda HM 12
You can pay the licencing clerks and they can check to see that all information is in order without otherwise causing delays to the process.
Construction permits must be advertised in the Official Gazette for potential objections and opportunities for rebuttal. The Department of the Environment and Natural Resources may also contact you for additional technical information.
These fees are in effect as of 1 April 2016:
- Operating licence :$90 annually
- Construction permit: $200