Report the finding of a shipwreck

If you believe you have found the remains of a ship, part of a shipwreck or an article associated with a shipwreck, you can send us a report.

The finder of record will be determined by the following rules:

  1. If the wreck is unknown the registrant will become the finder of record.
  2. If the wreck is known to the Custodian and the Historic Wrecks Authority and appears in the known wrecks database, then the registrant will not be considered the finder of record.
  3. If the wreck is known but is undocumented, then the registrant will be logged into the shipwreck finders record as the latest finder of record.

Please consult the

for information on what finders of record can expect. All shipwrecks and their contents are the sole property of the Crown. New finds will be reviewed by the Custodian of Historic Wrecks and brought to the attention of the Historic Wrecks Authority. 

Report a Shipwreck (138.79 KB)