Get a British Overseas Territory passport


Advisory: Department of Immigration Traveler Advisory - March 6th, 2017

You must provide enough evidence to satisfy the Passport Officer of your identity and claim to hold a British Overseas Territories passport. It will help your application by submitting as much evidence as you can. For adults, documents from the following list should be presented in support of your passport application.  Unless otherwise stated, original documents are always required and will be returned after examination.  Photocopies and laminated documents are not accepted.

First-time adult (18+ years of age) British Overseas Territory passport applicants must submit their passport application themselves by attending the Bermuda Passport Office; a third party is not permitted to submit an application on behalf of a first-time adult passport applicant.

You may be asked to provide further documentation if necessary.

1. An application properly completed and countersigned, together with two passport-sized photographs (one should be properly endorsed by the person countersigning the passport application form).

2. A long birth certificate (no other is acceptable)

3. Identity documents

  • If not born in the country from which you are applying, the passport that you used to travel to that country (permanent residence certificate or naturalisation certificate for that country would also be considered);
  • Certified copy of photo identification

Parental documents

The following are needed if you were born on or after 1 January 1983:

  • Evidence of how parent became a British Overseas Territory citizen: e.g. original full birth certificate or original
  • Full, unabridged marriage certificate (must show marital status, e.g. bachelor and spinster)
  • If either parent has married before, divorce document or death certificate from previous partner

5. Name Changes

  • If you or your child now use a different name to the one on your birth certificate, please present an official name change document from the relevant government department (or deed poll) 
  • If the name change is through marriage, please present your marriage certificate
  • If you have married more than once, all relevant divorce, death and marriage certificates should be provided


The following fees apply for the British Overseas Territories Citizen (BOTC) passport:

Issuing a standard size passport to a British Overseas Territories Citizen to—

an adult 

a child (under the age of 16 years)




Issuing a temporary passport of restricted validity to a British Overseas Territories Citizen (processing time is 8 working days) 


 Providing express passport service for a temporary passport (within 1 to 7 days) to a British Overseas Territories Citizen (fee is refundable only if deadline of less than 8 working days is not met)


Applying for British Naturalisation


Applying for registration as a British Overseas Territories Citizen where the application is made in conjunction with an application for Bermudian status $525.00

The application fee is not refundable should the application be refused or withdrawn. When satisfactory documentation has been produced and enquiries completed, the applicant may be interviewed by the Passport Officer.

Lost or stolen passports 

Lost or stolen passports must be reported to the police immediately.

How to apply

The British Overseas Territory Passport application form must be printed one-sided only.

Download and complete the application for a British Overseas Territory Passport.