Occasional Liquor Licences shall only be granted for social, charitable or benevolent purposes as per Section 22 of the Liquor Licence Act 1974. All applications are to be submitted a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the date of the event. Please also deliver a copy of your application letter and the form to the Commissioner of Police. You will be notified when your licence has been approved and you will be required to pay for and collect your licence between 10am and 12pm daily from Magistrates’ Court.
Requirements to apply for a licence
- All applications must be submitted to The Chairman of the Liquor Licensing Authority, Magistrates’ Court, 3rd Floor, Dame Lois-Browne-Evans Building, 58 Court Street, Hamilton HM 12. The Applicant shall serve a copy of the Application on the Commissioner of Police.
- Applicants should apply at least 3 weeks in advance of the requested event. As of January 2016, this deadline will be strictly enforced.
- Applications should be typed on the letterhead of your organization. State the nature of your organisation, name and type of event, location of event, date(s) of event and start time and finish time of the event. Times for events shall be between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. on the following morning as per the Act.
- Applications must be accompanied by the completed Information Sheet. All sections of the Information Sheet are to be answered. Attach all required additional information. Failure to adhere to these instructions may result in a delay of your application process.
- The fee for an Occasional Licence is $60 per day.
- You will be notified when your licence is approved. Collection times are between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon daily. Approved Licences are to be paid for at the 2nd floor Cashier’s window prior to collection at the 3rd floor Reception window.