The Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit helps to manage and monitor the status of health in Bermuda by:
- Regularly recording, interpreting, and reporting data that reflect the health of our community;
- Reviewing health problems and outbreaks; this includes chronic diseases, injuries, and social factors that influence health status
- Detecting and monitoring epidemics and public health emergencies.
- Providing health information upon request in a variety of formats.
Updated 29 March 2021
The Epidemiology & Surveillance Unit has an alert for gastroenteritis. The Unit continues to receive reports of Fever and Respiratory Symptoms (COVID-19, common cold, influenza, strep throat) and gastroenteritis (salmonella). Diarrhea and Vomiting Illness
Coronavirus (COVID-19, formerly 2019-nCoV)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new respiratory illness.
The World Health Organization has declared the current coronavirus situation a Pandemic.
Working closely with partner agencies, the Ministry of Health is monitoring this rapidly evolving health situation and will keep the public up to date on Bermuda’s response.
The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. The risk of introduction to Bermuda is low. Travelers to the outbreak area should pay attention to their health during travel and for 21 days following travel; if fever or other symptoms develop, the medical care provider is to be informed of the recent travel prior to attending for medical care.
Disease Reporting Forms
We collect health information from various contact points in the community to monitor the health of our Island and identify any concerns. Below are forms for reporting:
- Physician Reporting Forms
- Physician Reporting Form (Example - Communicable Diseases)
- Physician Reporting Form (Example - Syndromic Surveillance)
- Outbreak Report Forms for Schools and Other Childcare Facilities
- Reportable Diseases
- Syndrome Definitions
- CARPHA Hotel Reporting System
Disease Fact Sheets
We have prepared fact sheets on common infectious diseases, all of which are available in PDF format. Find more information about:
|Hepatitis B & C|
|Diarrhea and Vomiting Illness||Influenza|
|Mononucleosis & Epstein Barr Virus||Novel Coronavirus (nCoV).pdf|
We developed these reports to provide help on issues that concern groups or organizations in the community.
Our reports provide in-depth review of Bermuda’s data and population health.
- Steps to a Well Bermuda Survey 2014 (PAHO Version)
- Steps to a Well Bermuda Survey 2014
- Steps to a Well Bermuda 2014 Fact Sheet
- Health in Review Report 2011
- Health in Review 2017 , 2nd Edition
- Health Survey of Adults in Bermuda 2011
- Burden of Illness Report 2012
- Well Bermuda National Health Promotion Strategy
- Health Survey of Adults and Children 2006
If you are seeking a presentation on the Island’s data and information, or there is data you are seeking, which is not available here, please complete the appropriate request form: