The Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit helps to manage and monitor the status of health in Bermuda by:
- Regularly recording, interpreting, and reporting data that reflect the health of our community;
- Reviewing health problems and outbreaks; this includes chronic diseases, injuries, and social factors that influence health status
- Detecting and monitoring epidemics and public health emergencies.
- Providing health information upon request in a variety of formats.
The Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit continues to receive reports of Diarrhea and Vomiting Illness .
The Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit has received increased reports of undifferentiated fever likely due to mosquito-borne illnesses among persons who have recently returned from travel abroad. More information can be found here.
Disease Reporting Forms
We collect health information from various contact points in the community to monitor the health of our Island and identify any concerns. Below are forms for reporting:
- Physician Reporting Forms
- Physician Reporting Form (Example - Communicable Diseases)
- Physician Reporting Form (Example - Syndromic Surveillance)
- School and other Childcare Facilities Outbreak Form
- Reportable Diseases
- Syndrome Definitions
- CARPHA Hotel Reporting System
Disease Fact Sheets
We have prepared fact sheets on common infectious diseases, all of which are available in PDF format. Find more information about:
|Hepatitis B & C|
|Diarrhea and Vomiting Illness||Influenza|
|Mononucleosis & Epstein Barr Virus||Zika|
We developed these reports to provide help on issues that concern groups or organizations in the community.
- Guidance on Infection Control in Schools and Other Childcare Settings
- Guidance on Infection Control in Schools and other Child Care Settings Snapshot
- Surveillance Manual
Our reports provide in-depth review of Bermuda’s data and population health.
- Steps to a Well Bermuda Survey 2014 (PAHO Version)
- Steps to a Well Bermuda Survey 2014
- Steps to a Well Bermuda 2014 Fact Sheet
- Health in Review Report 2011
- Health in Review 2017 , 2nd Edition
- Health Survey of Adults in Bermuda 2011
- HIV/AIDS in Bermuda Summary Report 2017
- Burden of Illness Report 2012
- Well Bermuda National Health Promotion Strategy
- Health Survey of Adults and Children 2006
We collect data on a regular basis and our data dashboard provides the community with access to these statistics. Please visit our data dashboard (coming soon) to explore the data we have available. Below are our most recent annual data reports:
If you are seeking a presentation on the Island’s data and information, or there is data you are seeking, which is not available here, please complete the appropriate request form: