The Department of Social Insurance is advising the public that their online adjustment form and application for a Social Insurance Number, accessed on www.gov.bm, are offline and intended to be available on Monday, February 20th 2023. Persons needing these services should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do they do?
To ensure that all Bermuda pensions are managed according to the law, the Pension Commission:
- Administers the National Pension Scheme and its regulations and ensures that pension plans comply with these provisions and regulations
- Considers and determines applications for the registration of pension plans
- Monitors the administration and funding of pension plans
- Verifies the payment of benefits under pension plans
- Promote public education about pension plans and their benefits
- Advise the Minister of Finance on any matter relating to pensions, including the development of laws relating to pension plans
- Investigates complaints relating to a pension plan and a pension fund