The Department of Land Title and Registration is responsible for registering land and property ownership in Bermuda.
What do they do?
The Department of Land Title and Registration's duty is to record legal right or interest which, affect parcels of land and to provide an up-to-date report of the evidence of land ownership.
Individuals, businesses or organisations who become land owners or own interests in land must apply to the Land Title Registry Office to register:
- unregistered land;
- a new owner of a registered property following a sale; and
- an interest affecting registered land, such as a mortgage, lease or a right of way
The department's responsibilities include:
- providing an accurate, accessible and comprehensive record about land and property ownership and any interests affecting land;
- providing land owners with a land title certificate /registered title;
- guaranteeing ownership, simplify transactions.
How can I contact the Department of Land Title and Registration with general inquiries?
By mail and in person:
1st Fl., Milner Place
32 Victoria Street
Hamilton, HM 12
Telephone: (441) 294-9260
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org