The Ministry of Tourism, Transport and Municipalities has implemented the 10 knot speed limit to reduce excessive speed in the confines of the Hamilton Harbour which will go into effect Friday, 19 May, 2017.
In addition to putting out fires, the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service (BFRS) provides emergency medical services and responds to road traffic accidents.
What do they do?
The BFRS protects lives and property in case of fire. It also provides the following services:
- Emergency services:
- emergency medical response
- vehicle extrication and rescue
- hazardous material response
- emergency special services
- Prevention services
- building safety
- community emergency risk management
- commercial training
- fire investigation