Free health checks are available to the public at Albuoy's Point, Hamilton on Friday, 18 August, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The Department of Health's Community Nursing team is "Taking it to the streets" to screen adults 18 and over. Two further sessions will be held on Friday, 1 September (Dr. E. F. Gordon Square) and Friday, 22 September (King's Square, St. George), also from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Child and Family Services protect the well-being of children, adults and families to enhance how they function in society and to improve their quality of life.
What do they do?
Child and Family Services help children, adult and families by:
- promoting growth and directional change in people and their social situation;
- assisting in improving social support for those in our population who are at risk;
- providing treatment or other services to address dysfunction;
- conducting litigation for the Government of Bermuda; and
- helping people to function better in society by restoring them to a healthy, useful capacity.