2019 Camping Season Registration
Camping season in Bermuda starts on the first Saturday of May and runs to the third Sunday in September. The Government of Bermuda manages nine public campsites where you can pitch your tent and spend a night—or a few weeks—under the stars.
- Chaplin Bay
- Coney Island
- Darrell’s Island
- Ferry Point Park
- Higgs & Horseshoe Islands
- Messina House
- Paget Island
- Ports Island
- White’s Island
Campsites cannot be reserved and are only available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Conditions of using public campsites in Bermuda
Campsites cost $14 per night, plus a refundable $100 deposit. Fees must be paid at the time of booking.
Campers should also know that:
- campsites are limited to residents of Bermuda
- check-out time is 4:00 p.m.
- each site allows for a maximum of three tents (not to exceed 12 x 15 feet, including awnings) and eight people
- wood fires are not permitted, but you can cook in your tent
- maximum stay in each campground is 6 weeks
- garbage bags are provided for each site
- no branches or trees should be cut down or the ground excavated
- generators are not permitted
- dogs are allows
Please be conscientious and keep noise to a minimum.
The Department of Parks reserves the right to revoke and terminate any camping permit if the above regulations are not adhered to.
Hen Island: Contact Miles Outerbridge at (441) 292-7373 or (441) 297-1312
Burt Island: Contact George Moulder at (441) 293-1560
Paget Island, White’s Island, Darrell’s Island, Ports Island and Messina House: Contact the Department of Youth Sport and Recreation at (441) 297-7619 or (441) 295-0855