Notice Sub Type:
PUBLIC HEALTH (COVID-19 EMERGENCY POWERS)
LARGE GROUP EXEMPTION:
Annual General Meeting
Whereas the Minister of National Security considers that the proposed Rockaway Condominium Annual General Meeting is justifying an exemption from the prohibition in regulation 5 (1) and (2) of the Public Health (COVID-19 Emergency Powers) Regulations 2021 on groups of more than twenty-five persons assembling;
Now therefore, the Minister grants an exemption under regulation 4 (4) of those Regulations to President – Ms. Kae Thomas-Palacio permitting a group of more than twenty-five persons to assemble Thursday March 4, 2021 between 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm at Mount Zion AME Church, 2 Mount Zion Lane, Southampton Parish, with the following conditions:
- The Letter of No Objection for the mass gathering must be posted at the entrance and clearly visible and kept on file to be made available upon requests.
- All persons attending the Rockaway Condominium Annual General Meeting must maintain appropriate physical distancing which is described as; maintaining a distance between all persons who are not members of the same household of at least –
- six feet; or
- three feet, provided each person is wearing a mask which completely covers their nose and mouth,
and follow any relevant guidance.
- Maximum number of attendees – Maximum of 50 persons
- Duration: 2.5 hours (7:00 pm to 9:30 pm)
- Venue: Mount Zion AME Church (Hall), 2 Mount Zion Lane, Southampton Parish.
- Recording of names and contact information of persons attending the event for the purpose of contact tracing. Information to be retained for 28 days post-date of the event.
- Adherence to all applicable COVID 19 Health Guidelines as published by the Ministry of Health.
- The Ministry of National Security reserves the right to withdraw the permission to have more than twenty-five persons assembled at the event without notice or cost to the Bermuda Government subject to the status of COVID 19 in the local community.
- The Bermuda Police Service / Ministry of National Security Official have right to attend and observe compliance of the conditions as prescribed above.
The Honourable Renee Ming JP MP
Minister of National Security
17 February 2021