The Department of Parks is seeking bids from established sanitation firms to provide dog waste management services at selected sites within the Bermuda National Parks System. Weekly waste collection and disposal services for the “Dog-i-Pot” dog waste collection sites are presently required for a one (1) year period, consisting of forty-seven (47) collection sites outlined in the Tender Documents.
The overall scope of services required includes the following:
- Weekly emptying, lawful transportation and proper disposal of stored animal waste from each site, with animal waste transported to the Commercial Drop-Off Tipping Hall at Tynes Bay during regular business hours and as specifically directed by on-duty Tynes Bay staff.
- Lawful disposal of all waste from dog waste sites with mixed waste streams which include known sites E9, west of W29 and as otherwise encountered in the vicinity of the marked dog waste collection sites.
- Weekly replenishing dog waste pick-up bags and bin liner bags at the above collection sites wherever possible.
- Additional waste collection at selected sites and other related tasks as outlined in Annex E – Parks Department Waste Management Specifications, 2017 edition.
Additional requirements include the following:
- The Contractor shall install Department-supplied waste pick-up bags and 10 – 15 gallon dark colored bin liner waste bags (material quantities as described in Annex D).
- The Department shall provide three heavy duty green or grey plastic trash bins to be used for secure emergency on-site dog waste storage or for secure transportation and disposal of dog waste. If used in contract, bins are to be sanitized, cleaned and returned as directed by the Department of Parks.
- Outside of mixed waste streams involving dog waste, clearance of regular and recyclable waste bins are outside of the scope of this request and represents work by others.
REQUEST FOR TENDER RELEASED – Monday, 21st August 2017
Mandatory site meeting at the Visitor’s Centre of the Botanical Gardens, Paget - Friday, the 25th of August, 2017 at 3:30pm
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS - 3:00 pm on Thursday the 31st of August, 2017