• The Ministry of Public Works is advising that effective August 6, 2018, Blackwatch Pass will be closed to traffic so that construction works can be conducted. The closure will be for an extended period of time. While Blackwatch Pass is closed the public is encouraged to seek alternative routes to avoid delays.


  • The Ministry of Transport and Regulatory Affairs is advising that beginning Friday, August 10 the Central Bus Terminal ticket kiosk in Hamilton will operate on an amended schedule. Read more

Apply to become a marriage officer

Religious marriage ceremonies may only be performed by Marriage Officers who are registered with the Registry General.


If you want to be a Marriage Officer, you have to be an ordained minister of religion.

In general, ministers of the Christian, Jewish, Baha’i or Muslim faiths may apply for a Marriage Officer licence.

How to apply

To become a Marriage Officer, you have to complete a Marriage Officer Licence Application Form.pdf and send it to the Registry General along with:

  • a copy of your Certificate of Ordination or written confirmation of your qualifications from the senior administrative authority of your religion;
  • the required fee;
  • if you are non-Bermudian, a copy of the Immigration Department’s approval for you to perform a marriage in Bermuda . Please note that permission to come to Bermuda to perform a marriage ceremony must be applied for separately by sending a letter to the Bermuda Department of Immigration.


There is a fee of $105 to apply for a Marriage Officer Licence.

Additional information

The legislation in relation to the licensing of marriage officers is the Marriage Act 1944.pdf, in addition to:

Marriage Officers List - February 2016.pdf