You can now get bus alerts by email through the Ministry of Transport and Regulatory Affairs' automated alert system. Subscribe at www.gov.bm/bus-alerts. The Dept. of Public Transportation will send you any changes to the normal schedule by 5:00 am and by 4:00 pm each day.
Bermuda is a world leader in public access to information (PATI). Across gov.bm, you’ll see links to PATI statements—a document releasing organizational information for all of the government’s ministries, departments, and agencies—in the spirit of openness and transparency. These statements mean that residents don’t have to submit access to information requests for basic information about their government.
For all PATI statements and information on filing detailed requests for specific information, visit the PATI information page.
What do they do?
Through its PATI legislation, the Government of Bermuda is fostering a regime of openness, transparency, and accountability. The intention is to:
- have more information placed in the public domain as a matter of routine
- give the public the right to obtain access to records held by public authorities to the greatest extent possible, subject to exceptions that are in the public interest or for the protection of the rights of others
- increase transparency, and eliminate unnecessary secrecy, with regard to records held by public authorities
- increase the accountability of public authorities
- inform the public about the activities of public authorities, including the manner in which they make decisions