What do they do?
The BDA works with companies that are already in Bermuda, or that are considering establishing operations in Bermuda, to foster growth. This includes:
- Introducing companies to industry partners
- Connecting businesses with the relevant representatives in the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA) and the Bermuda Government’s Business Development Unit
- Making formal introductions
- Trouble-shooting and following up with clients to simplify the process
The BDA promotes growth in four specific sectors in Bermuda:
- Risk (insurance, reinsurance, captives, ILS)
- Asset management
- Trust and private clients
- International commerce (technology, international markets, etc.).
It also runs industry focus groups and a business concierge service as a one-stop-shop for setting up a business in Bermuda.