The Department of Workforce Development has partnered with Take Five Limited to create a three-week training program which will provide participants with certifications for the Hospitality Industry.
"The Tourism, Hospitality and Service Industries continue to be Bermuda’s largest employment sectors," explained the Minister of Labour, Community Affairs and Sports the Hon. Lovitta Foggo JP MP. "It is anticipated that within the next two years, two additional hotels will open on island, which will create hundreds of job opportunities for the Bermudian workforce. Consequently, we are seeking to develop our Bermudian workforce for those potential opportunities.
"This free, upcoming training course will provide intensive training in 'front of house' procedures such as setting tables, customer service and food & wine tasting. It is designed to give participants a broad understanding of a number of things including dietary needs, food and beverage serving and coffee production. Successful participants will receive certifications that are internationally-recognized. At the completion of this course, participants should be more marketable and ready to enter careers within Bermuda’s Hospitality sector."
Take Five Limited and the Department of Workforce Development are seeking interested candidates to enroll in this free three-week training course for positions within the food and beverage industry.
Candidates must be:
· Competent in basic Mathematics and English
· Able to commit to a three-week training course
· Skilled and experienced in customer service
· Good with time management
· Positive and have a great attitude
· Team oriented
· Flexible and able to work nights, weekends and public holidays
All applications should be accompanied with:
· A personal statement (500 words describing why you are interested in this program)
· An up-to-date resume
· Proof that you are a registered Bermudian (Passport with Registered as a Bermudian stamp affixed/voter’s ID Card/Official letter from Immigration stating you are registered as a Bermudian)
To learn more about this opportunity please contact Meisha Easton, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com by March 15, 2019.