The Department of Immigration today issued the following reminder to all British Overseas Territories Citizen (BOTC) Bermuda passport holders.
- Do not book/confirm travel plans unless you have a valid passport
- Generally, passports with a validity of six months or more may be used for travel before there is a requirement to apply for a new passport
- You can apply for a new passport up to four months prior the expiration of your existing passport
- Printing of BOTC passports is now done at Her Majesty’s Passport Office, UK and the processing timeline is between four to six weeks
- Strict guidelines apply for the processing of temporary passports in cases of emergency
The BOTC passport application form is online (only); accessible via www.gov.bm
The Department thanks the public for their cooperation with this important reminder.