The Minister for the Cabinet Office the Hon. Wayne Furbert, JP, MP, released the Bermuda Digest of Statistics 2019 from the Department of Statistics.
Some of the 2017-2018 highlights include:
- The estimated number of work permits issued decreased by 10% to 9,396.
- Bermuda College enrolment increased by 8% to 1,239 students.
- The number of road casualties increased by 20% to 759.
- The number of visitor arrivals increased by 11% to 766,226.
- The Corporation of Hamilton’s deficit increased by 86% to $4.6 million.
- The value of goods imported decreased by 39% to $1,072.1 million.
- The number of divorces granted decreased by 36% to 110.
The Minister explained, “The Digest is structured into ten sections and contains brief analyses, quick facts and charts for each section. There are more than 60 statistical tables which provide a wealth of data about Bermuda’s social, demographic and economic conditions. This publication is an excellent tool for research, school projects, marketing initiatives and business planning.”
The Bermuda Digest of Statistics 2019 report is available online at https://www.gov.bm.