The Minister of Youth, Culture and Sports, Dr. Ernest Peets confirmed that Government will be facilitating its 50th annual Summer Day Camp Programme starting July 5, 2021.
Interested individuals who wish to sign their children up for this year's camp can visit http://sdcbermuda.org/ .
This year's summer camp starts July 5.
The cost is $60 per week.
Children aged 4 - 14 years-old will be accommodated.
Contactless payment can be done online.
As an assurance, the Department outlined some of its health and safety protocols for this year’s summer camp:
- A thorough screening process is in place for children and staff.
- All cleaning procedures and measures outlined by the Department of Health will be implemented.
- All staff overseeing the Summer Camps have undergone rigourous health and safety training.
- Ensuring physical distancing of young people.
This year's Summer Camps are as follows:
Pre-school Plus Locations
- Head Start – Dalton E. Tucker
- Fresh Start – Francis Patton Primary
- Smart Start – Northlands Primary
Primary School Locations
- Hibiscus – Elliot Primary
- Bermudez – West Pembroke Primary
- Pontoon – Gilbert Institute
- Onions – Central Zone Community Centre
- Gombeys – Western Zone Community Center
- *Loquats – Eastern Zone Community Centre (This camps will service preschool campers of siblings only.)
Middle School Locations
- Girls to Ladies – Dellwood Middle School
- Boys to Men – Dellwood Middle School
- Loquats – Eastern Zone Community Centre