Make a substance abuse referral

The government offers programmes and assessments for substance abusers through the Bermuda Assessment and Referral Centre (BARC).

Can I refer someone to the to a substance abuse facility?

You can make a referral to BARC and they will complete a comprehensive assessment and make a referral to the appropriate treatment agency. This is the first point of contact.

If I refer my relative who has a substance problem, will they be drug tested, and how often?

People who are referred to BARC are tested as part of the initial intake and assessment process. Multiple tests are carried out during supervision, or at the request of a Court.  Tests are also done randomly.