The goal of the Policy and Strategy Section is to contribute to the delivery of better policy-making across government that improves the economic, environmental and social well-being of Bermuda.
What do they do?
The main responsibilities of the Policy and Strategy Section are:
- To improve the co-ordination of policy across Ministries to deliver the Government’s platform objectives more effectively;
- To assist Ministries to gain a long-term, strategic view of challenges in their policy areas;
- To identify key cross-cutting policy challenges for Bermuda and ensure that these are addressed;
- To undertake and oversee projects to determine policy responses to cross-cutting issues;
- To develop a network of Policy Analysts in Ministries to facilitate joined-up policy-making and to help bring on new talent;
- To draw on international best practice in policy co-ordination and strategic planning;
- To encourage innovation and creativity in policy making and service delivery;
- To provide administration of the Public Access to Information regime.