The Ministry of Health is seeking your views on the proposed Sugar Tax and changes to the Mental Health Act. You will find the consultation documents and online feedback forms here.
The goal of the Policy and Strategy Section is to contribute to the delivery of better policy-making across government that improves the economic, environmental and social well-being of Bermuda.
What do they do?
The main responsibilities of the Policy and Strategy Section are:
- To improve the co-ordination of policy across Ministries to deliver the Government’s platform objectives more effectively;
- To assist Ministries to gain a long-term, strategic view of challenges in their policy areas;
- To identify key cross-cutting policy challenges for Bermuda and ensure that these are addressed;
- To undertake and oversee projects to determine policy responses to cross-cutting issues;
- To develop a network of Policy Analysts in Ministries to facilitate joined-up policy-making and to help bring on new talent;
- To draw on international best practice in policy co-ordination and strategic planning;
- To encourage innovation and creativity in policy making and service delivery;
- To provide administration of the Public Access to Information regime.