Free health checks are available to the public at Albuoy's Point, Hamilton on Friday, 18 August, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The Department of Health's Community Nursing team is "Taking it to the streets" to screen adults 18 and over. Two further sessions will be held on Friday, 1 September (Dr. E. F. Gordon Square) and Friday, 22 September (King's Square, St. George), also from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
The Bermuda National Sports Centre is Bermuda’s premiere sport, athletic, and large-scale outdoor entertainment complex. For activity schedules, facility information, or rental details, visit the Bermuda National Sports Centre’s website.
What do they do?
The National Sports Centre ("NSC" or "Centre") has hosted numerous international and national events, but offers Bermudians fitness programs, swim lessons, and public swimming. Additionally, it has the following spaces for use or rental:
- The National Track: a 400m, 8-lane competition track
- The National Fields Complex, consisting of:
- South Field, with a covered 2,000-seat grandstand and an additional 2,300-seat, open-air grandstand
- North Field (grass field for cricket, and two each of rugby and football)
- Additional 600m walking track surrounding the north field
- The Field Hockey Turf (artificial turf)
- Multi-purpose Pavilion Hall
- The National Aquatics Facility: a 50m, 8-lane swimming pool with a 10m dive tower and springboards (1 and 3 metre)
- Event Tent: a 10,300 square foot clear span tent capable of hosting banquets, concerts, festivals, and indoor sporting events for in excess of 1,000 spectators or partiers