The Ministry of Public Works is advising motorists that one-lane road closures will take place during the month of November on South Road, Southampton to accommodate new paving works. For more information click here.
What do they do?
The National Sports Centre ("NSC" or "Centre") has hosted numerous international and national events, but offers Bermudians fitness programs, swim lessons, and public swimming. Additionally, it has the following spaces for use or rental:
- The National Track: a 400m, 8-lane competition track
- The National Fields Complex, consisting of:
- South Field, with a covered 2,000-seat grandstand and an additional 2,300-seat, open-air grandstand
- North Field (grass field for cricket, and two each of rugby and football)
- Additional 600m walking track surrounding the north field
- The Field Hockey Turf (artificial turf)
- Multi-purpose Pavilion Hall
- The National Aquatics Facility: a 50m, 8-lane swimming pool with a 10m dive tower and springboards (1 and 3 metre)
- Event Tent: a 10,300 square foot clear span tent capable of hosting banquets, concerts, festivals, and indoor sporting events for in excess of 1,000 spectators or partiers