The Ministry of Tourism, Transport and Municipalities has implemented the 10 knot speed limit to reduce excessive speed in the confines of the Hamilton Harbour which will go into effect Friday, 19 May, 2017.
The Government of Bermuda is accountable to taxpayers for the money it spends in running the country. The Department of Internal Audit ensures accountability by examining government departments and ministries, and other government organizations, on a regular basis.
What do they do?
The Department of Internal Audit has the right to examine all ministries, departments, or quangos to ensure that:
- public funds are adequately safeguarded and used as intended;
- public funds are used economically, effectively, and efficiently;
- risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely;
- the auditee’s actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures and the law; and
- plans, goals, and objectives of the auditee are capable of being achieved.