What do they do?
The Department of Internal Audit has the right to examine all ministries, departments, or quangos to ensure that:
- public funds are adequately safeguarded and used as intended;
- public funds are used economically, effectively, and efficiently;
- risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely;
- the auditee’s actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures and the law; and
- plans, goals, and objectives of the auditee are capable of being achieved.