Important policy and rate changes: Immigration - Work Permit Policy 2015 - amended Section 1.2 pdf (effective 27 March) | Office of the Tax Commissioner - Payroll Tax Amendment Act 2017 (effective 1 April)
The Government of Bermuda is accountable to taxpayers for the money it spends in running the country. The Department of Internal Audit ensures accountability by examining government departments and ministries, and other government organizations, on a regular basis.
What do they do?
The Department of Internal Audit has the right to examine all ministries, departments, or quangos to ensure that:
- public funds are adequately safeguarded and used as intended;
- public funds are used economically, effectively, and efficiently;
- risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely;
- the auditee’s actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures and the law; and
- plans, goals, and objectives of the auditee are capable of being achieved.
How can I contact the Department of Internal Audit with general inquiries?
Telephone: (441) 294-9750
12 Wesley Street
Hamilton HM 11
By email: email@example.com