Today the Minister for the Cabinet Office the Hon. Walton Brown, JP, MP, released the November 2018 Retail Sales Index publication from the Department of Statistics.
The Minister explained, “After adjusting for the retail sales rate of inflation, measured at 1.3 percent in November, the overall volume of retail sales fell 2.3 per cent.”
Highlighted below are the November 2018 year-over-year changes for each of the seven sectors:
- Apparel Stores’ sales volume decreased 3.6 per cent.
- All Other Store Types’ sales volume declined 3.0 per cent.
- Liquor Stores’ sales volume decreased 1.1 per cent.
- Food Stores’ sales volume decreased 1.0 per cent.
- Service Stations’ sales volume fell 0.3 per cent.
- Building Material Stores’ sales volume increased 0.9 per cent.
- Motor Vehicle Stores’ sales volume decreased 22.8 per cent.
You can view November 2018 Retail Sales Index publication.