The Office of the Tax Commissioner would like to advise Residential Property Owners of the following important information regarding LAND TAX for the period 1 January – 30 June 2016.
As a result of the decision made on 21 March 2016 in the House of Assembly to retroactively apply adjusted land tax rates effective 1 January 2016, residential property owners should be aware of the following:
- Existing due dates for this period are no longer valid. The revised due date for all residential properties is 30 June 2016.
- If you have already paid your land tax for the period, a credit adjustment will be reflected on your next demand notice for the period 1 July – 31 December 2016. No refunds for overpayments will be processed.
- If you have not yet paid your land tax bill you can do either of the following:
- Wait until you receive a revised demand notice in the mail and settle the amount due by 30 June 2016, or;
- Pay the corrected amount now without waiting for a revised demand notice. To find out the adjusted land tax amount for your ARV either call our office or use the Land Tax Calculator.
- If you are the owner or deemed owner of a property and have NOT received a demand notice, please contact the Office of the Tax Commissioner promptly so that your contact information can be verified.
For more information contact us by phone at 298-6351, 297-7743 or 294-5827 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of the Tax Commissioner thanks you for your cooperation and patience.