The Ministry of Transport oversees all marine and land-based transport services in Bermuda.
Meet the Minister of Transport, the Hon. Wayne L. Furbert, JP, MP
What do they do?
- To develop and direct Government transportation policies and programmes.
- To undertake a leadership role in ensuring that all facets of the transportation system work together effectively and in concert with Bermuda’s Tourism product and the needs of Bermuda’s residents.
- To provide research assistance to internal departments.
What regulatory oversight does the Ministry of Transport have?
- Maritime affairs; navigational aids; border security; search and rescue and compliance to international conventions;
- Public bus and ferry transportation services;
- Private and commercial vehicles;
- Public service vehicles;
- Cruise ship; and
- Airline service for Bermuda.
- Navigating airline and cruise line partners through Covid-19 health border protocols;
- Rebuilding a reliable and efficient public bus service;
- Implementing a cashless public transportation digital fare media system;
- Modernising public service vehicle transport with an emphasis on safety, reliability and accessibility to provide frictionless transport experiences; and
- Planning transport infrastructure upgrades and projects.