1. Where can I apply? If you are a resident or work permit holder: https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-residents
If you are a visitor: https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers-visitors
2. I’m confused about what’s expected of me as a traveler
Go to https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-travellers for latest guidance and requirements
3. What is the application process?
- Click on “Apply for Travel Authorisation”
- A calendar will appear in the middle of your screen. If you are using a tablet, you may need to scroll down to see the calendar.
- Select your date of arrival to Bermuda and click “confirm arrival date” (NOTE: you can only apply for a Travel Authorisation 1 to 3 calendar days before your day of travel)
- The green calendar dates are the available arrival dates for which you can book a Travel Authorisation
- The red calendar dates will become available for booking (and turn green) for the two days after today’s date
- The currently selected date will show in white
- You must complete all of the mandatory fields to successfully submit your Travel Authorisation. Mandatory fields will have the following symbol to the right of a required field:
- Once you have answered all the questions, enter your bank card/credit card payment details, consent to the charge by ticking consent box, and enter your initials.
- Click “Submit my Travel Authorisation”.
- If your application is successful, you will see a Travel Authorisation confirmation on your screen, and you will receive an email with a link to your Travel Authorisation (please print and bring with you on arrival, or be ready to show on a tablet).
4. I’ve submitted the wrong application. What do I do?
Call the COVID-19 hotline on +1(441) 444-2498 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . They will be able to reissue your Travel Authorisation.
5. I have submitted a Travel Authorisation but now cannot travel. Can I change the date of my Travel Authorisation?
Yes. Please call the COVID-19 hotline on +1(441) 444-2498 or email: email@example.com between 1 to 3 days before your new intended date of travel to request that they change the date of your Travel Authorisation. The Travel Authorisation system only allows you to purchase a Travel Authorisation between 1 to 3 days before your travel date.
6. I’ve filled out the form and get an error when I submit my application. What do I do?
Refresh your web browser and try again, or try applying on a different device (laptop, desktop, iPhone, android phone). If you are still struggling contact the hotline on +1(441)444-2498 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. I have submitted my travel authorisation payment and got an error message.
You can only use a visa or Mastercard. American express does not work (this instruction is on the Travel Authorisation welcome page for both residents and visitors).
8. If I have a connecting flight to Bermuda, what do I pick as my arrival date?
Select the date of the flight where the arrival location is Bermuda.
9. I got an email with my results in it, how do I upload it as it is an email not a document?
Print the email, and when you select the printer, “Print to PDF”. This will turn your email into a PDF you can upload in your TA booking.
10. My upload doesn't seem to be working can I still get my TA and show it on arrival?
You must upload a negative test result to get your TA. Please call the COVID-19 hotline for assistance.
11. My flight to Bermuda is more than two days from today. Can I apply for a Travel Authorisation?
No, you will not be able to select your arrival date to Bermuda in the Travel Authorisation application form until 1 to 3 days before your flight.
12. I cannot get a pre-departure COVID-19 test before travelling to Bermuda. Am I still allowed to travel?
The Quarantine Authority (Minister of Health) of Bermuda, as per paragraph 6 of the Quarantine (COVID-19) (No.3) Order requires visitors to have a negative pre-departure test result to travel to Bermuda, taken no more than 7 days before departure. As of 11 July 2020 visitors without a negative pre-departure test result cannot obtain Travel Authorisation. This applies to all visitors who have been in a country classified by the WHO as having community transmission of COVID-19 (this includes the US, UK and Canada).
13. Who do I contact if I need help with the Travel Authorisation?
You can call the COVID-19 Hotline: +1 (441) 444-2498 or email: email@example.com
14. I think I submitted TA but didn’t get email…
15. I think I uploaded the wrong document for my pre-departure COVID test result. What do I do?
Email the COVID-19 hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org your new document and TA number and they will upload the new document for you.
16. I'm on a poor internet connection and the upload is taking forever what do I do?
Email your document to the COVID-19 hotline at email@example.com then call them so they can issue your TA.