The Certificate of Entitlement (COE) is for Bermudian residents who qualify for the Government’s aged subsidy and it:
- Assists in covering the cost of basic care and services performed as either an inpatient or outpatient at Bermuda Hospitals Board facilities, or facilities approved by the Bermuda Health Council, and
- Reduces premiums for HIP and FutureCare.
To be eligible for the aged subsidy, a person must:
- be 65 years or older,
- possess Bermudian status,
- reside in Bermuda, and
- have resided in Bermuda for ten (10) continuous years during the last 20 years before the application
- during the 10 years, have not been absent abroad for more than three (3) months other than for educational/vocational training, or holiday.
For more information about eligibility, the aged subsidy benefits and how to apply visit the HID HIP and FutureCare Plan Guide 
Visit the HIPand FutureCare Benefits page  for more information on the Health Insurance Department's plans.