A Visitor Extension is for visitors to Bermuda who wish to extend their period of stay beyond that which was granted by Immigration officials at the time of arrival.
If you are seeking to extend your visit, you must submit an application before the expiration of the existing permission you have that is stamped in your passport and immigration arrival card.
The following documents must be presented to Immigration officials:
1. This completed application form including the signed declaration by the host/sponsor (if applicable);
2. The valid passport or other travel document on which the visitor was landed in Bermuda must be valid for 45 days past the intended departure date in accordance with the Visas and Visa Controlled Nationals Policy ;
3. Evidence of a confirmed booking for return passage (for a destination to which the applicant has the right of entry);
4. Valid visa for the United States, Canada or United Kingdom (if required);
5. Signature and identification for local host/sponsor (i.e. driver’s licence, passport or voter’s registration card) Or In cases where there is no host, written confirmation of accommodations by hotel or guest house must be provided;
6. Extension Fee.
A total stay not exceeding 3 months
A total stay of more than 3 months but not more than 6 months
How to apply
To apply for an extension, you must first complete an application.
You must appear, in person, to meet with an Immigration Officer from the Compliance Section, with your host/ sponsor, between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon at: The Department of Immigration Government Administration Building 30 Parliament Street Hamilton HM 12 Telephone: 295-5151 Extensions: 1950 or 1694.