The Ministry of Youth, Culture and Sport is the steward of Bermuda’s cultural heritage and leads in advancing amateur sport and youth development. Our job is to celebrate and preserve our culture and heritage, and to develop and support programmes for athletes, young people and artists.
Our mission: To Develop and Celebrate Our People
Our Core Values are:
- Commitment to excellence and service
What do they do?
Connecting Youth, Culture and Sports to YOU is What WE DO
Culture and sport are important: they improve quality of life and promote a sense of community and wellbeing. Young people need access to both culture and sport to develop their identity and contribute positively to our society. We provide programmes and events to make this happen.
- Preserve and celebrate our culture
- Support and aid cultural, sport and youth organisations
- Curate cultural festivals
- Offer developmental programmes for creatives
- Assist National Sports Governing Bodies
- Run youth programmes
- Manage sports and island camping facilities
- Operate community centres
- Enjoy and respect our recreation sites and facilities
- Participate in sports
- Enjoy our cultural heritage programmes
- Join our cultural festivals
The Ministry is made up of 3 areas or departments and 2 Government QUANGOS
Leads on policies that enhance and enrich the lives of the people of Bermuda
Delivers youth, sport and recreation services, and celebrates the accomplishments of our people
Develops our creatives, preserves our heritage and celebrates our people
Provides internationally certified facilities for recreation, sport training and competition and entertainment
Prevents, detects and deters the use of illicit drugs and banned practices in Bermuda’s sporting community
BOARDS AND COUNCILS
The Ministry appoints 5 Boards related to arts, culture and sports and provides advice to the Minister.
- Bermuda National Sports Centre
- Bermuda Sport Anti-Doping Authority
- Bermuda Sport Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel
- Bermuda Anti-Doping Appeal Panel
- Bermuda Arts Council
Her Excellency the Governor appoints 9 Parish Councils