The Ministry of Transport and Regulatory Affairs oversees all transportation and transportation-related development in Bermuda, as well as the broadcasting and space and satellite sectors.
What do they do?
- To develop and direct Government transportation policies and programs.
- To undertake a leadership role in ensuring that all facets of the transportation system work together effectively and in concert with Bermuda's Tourism product.
- To provide research assistance to internal departments so Bermuda's public transport system can remain modern, efficient and world-class.
- monitoring broadcasting content and controlling political broadcasts in Bermuda through the Broadcasting Commissioners;
- rating films and advising government on obscene broadcast content through the Broadcasting Commissioners; and
- granting broadcasting licences upon the advice of the Telecommunications Commission;
- To provide broadcast licences and assign broadcast spectrum.
- To undertake satellite filing administration services and authorise the operation of earth stations on our shores.