From 3rd December 2018, the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 is the new operational development plan for the entire Island, with the exception of the City of Hamilton.
The Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 is the culmination of an extensive research and review process which is documented in the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 Review and Strategy Report.
The Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 sets out the policies and land use zonings which will be used in the assessment of all planning applications received on or after 3rd December 2018.
The Department of Planning is inviting the public to review and comment on the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018. The public can submit objections and representations to the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 during the public consultation period from 3rd December 2018 to 15th March 2019.
Please note that the public consultation period ends at 4pm on Friday 15th March 2019.
Any objections and representations received after 15th March 2019 will not be accepted.
To view the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 or to learn more about the plan preparation process, please click on the following links:
- Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 (policy document)
- Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 Review and Strategy Report
- Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 Brochure
- Timetable of public exhibition sessions
- Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 zoning map (zonings)
Making an objection or representation
- For a step-by-step video guide of how to make a comment on the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018, please click here
- For a step-by-step written guide of how to make a comment on the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018, please click here
- To submit your objection or representation, please use of Citizen Self-Service Portal by clicking here.
- If you are unable to submit your objection or representation through the Citizen Self-Service Portal, please click here to access our online submission form
Please note that you can also submit a hand written copy of the online submission form by printing it off, filling it in and returning it to the Department of Planning using the details at the bottom of this page. However, we would strongly urge anyone intending on making a submission to use the Citizen Self Service Portal in the first instance.
Following the conclusion of the public consultation period on 15th March 2019, we will review all objections and representations and seek to resolve as many as possible. Any unresolved objections will be presented to the Objections Tribunal for resolution.
Further information and assistance
For further information on the Draft Bermuda Plan 2018 or for assistance in submitting your comments, please contact or visit the Department of Planning during normal office hours.