Free health checks are available to the public at Albuoy's Point, Hamilton on Friday, 18 August, 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The Department of Health's Community Nursing team is "Taking it to the streets" to screen adults 18 and over. Two further sessions will be held on Friday, 1 September (Dr. E. F. Gordon Square) and Friday, 22 September (King's Square, St. George), also from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
What do they do?
The Department of Community and Cultural Affairs celebrates Bermuda’s culture by:
- organising annual national festivals and holiday events, seniors programmes, concerts, and heritage tours and talks;
- producing television programmes and full-length documentaries on aspects of Bermuda’s heritage;
- supporting cultural research and the literary arts through workshops and publications;
- providing opportunities for artistic and cultural development through grants, awards, artist-in-residence programmes and apprenticeships;
- creating a collection of oral histories and cultural materials; and
- offering recreational, social, and academic courses for people of all ages to promote life-long learning.
You can also communicate with the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs through their contact form.