The Bermuda Pension Commission ensures that the documentation and administration used to maintain that pensions in Bermuda comply with the National Pension Scheme. To learn more about pension regulations in Bermuda, visit the Bermuda Pension Commission’s website.
What do they do?
To ensure that all Bermuda pensions are managed according to the law, the Pension Commission:
- Administers the National Pension Scheme and its regulations and ensures that pension plans comply with these provisions and regulations
- Considers and determines applications for the registration of pension plans
- Monitors the administration and funding of pension plans
- Verifies the payment of benefits under pension plans
- Promote public education about pension plans and their benefits
- Advise the Minister of Finance on any matter relating to pensions, including the development of laws relating to pension plans
- Investigates complaints relating to a pension plan and a pension fund