Updated 16th June 2021
Travel Authorisations will need to be purchased between 1 to 3 days before travel. This is to allow the pre-arrival test uploaded to be reviewed and approved as part of the application.
A valid pre-arrival test result must meet the following standards:
- Display travellers’ full name and date of birth
- Date of Test must be no more than 5 days of arrival. If you are arriving on or after 20th June 2021, your pre-arrival test must be taken within 4 days of arrival.
- Test result must be negative
- Test type must be a PCR test. Note: The COVID-19 PCR test cannot be an antigen or antibody test. It must be a PCR test.
- Test must be performed by an accredited laboratory
- Display full name of laboratory and contact information for laboratory
If a visitor's pre-arrival test result is deemed valid, they will be issued a Travel Authorisation.
Visitors who do not submit a valid pre-arrival test result will be notified that their test is not valid and will be given the opportunity to submit a valid result. If a visitor cannot submit a valid test result, they will be denied a Travel Authorisation and will not be able to travel to Bermuda.
Residents who cannot provide a valid pre-arrival test will be issued a Travel Authorisation, but will quarantine as required upon arrival.
They will also be required to wear a quarantine bracelet, for which they will be charged $300 on arrival. The bracelet pairs with a phone app. Residents who do not want to download the app on their personal phone will be required to rent a phone for an additional $50.
Travel Authorisations will be vetted between 9am and 8pm daily. Submission of a Travel Authorisation within 24 hours of your travel date will not be approved. Any traveller needing an emergency Travel Authorisation issued the day of travel must contact the COVID-19 Helpline on +1(441)444-2498.