Note: as of June 20th 2021 Bermuda has moved into Phase 4. There is no curfew and the below guidance must be followed.
Develop a plan to manage your business through the new and unique operational challenges of COVID-19.
- Actively screen everyone (staff, clients and visitors) for symptoms of COVID-19 before they enter your business.
- The Bermuda Hospital Board has developed a screening tool that can be used to help identify individuals who may have been infected and reduce the potential risk of exposure to you, your staff and clients.
- Establish reporting procedures within your business.
- Know which of your clients are at higher risk of adverse outcomes from COVID-19. You may want to take extra precautions when they come into your business.
- Assess current and future personal protective equipment (PPE) supply needs to ensure you are prepared.
- Communicate your COVID-19 preparedness plan with your staff.
WeHealth Bermuda App
The Bermuda Government launched the WeHealth Bermuda app in an effort to closely monitor the local developments of COVID-19 and ultimately help control the spread of the virus. WeHealth Bermuda is a new smartphone application that provides anonymous COVID-19 exposure notifications, and it is one of the world's most sophisticated apps of its kind.
All Bermudians and visitors to the island are strongly encouraged to download the app for free from the App Store or Google Play. It will run on iPhone models 6S and above with iOS version 13.7 installed. Android users can use the app if their phone supports Bluetooth Low Energy and Android Version 6 (API 23) or above.
Learn more about WeHealth here.