Updated September 16 2021
*Please note that as of Monday June 21st 2021 Star of India is no longer used as a COVID-19 test site. The old AS Cooper shop in the Clocktower Mall in Dockyard is used instead (same days and times, as seen below).*
The Ministry of Health has restructured COVID-19 Testing to meet the vast demand. We have increased appointment capacity, locations and accessibility throughout the island. Everyone is encouraged to book an appointment online (see below) or call our COVID 19 HOTLINE Center 444-2498 to book an appointment should you require assistance.
If you are experiencing symptoms, please contact your doctor. Your doctor will schedule you or direct you to the COVID-19 helpline at 444-2498 for symptomatic testing appointment slots.
The community testing schedule is:
Please click on the links below for directions to each test location:
Old AS Cooper shop & Penno's Wharf
- Only book one person and one spot at a time.
- Please bring the confirmation number provided, via the email confirmation, with you for your screening.
- Please bring a photo ID to your appointment. If your child is to be tested, please make every effort to bring an ID for them also (passport, birth certificate) or an official Government OCMO/ESU letter confirming a test appointment.
Perot Post Office – Operating seven (7) days a week, 10:00am – 5:00pm
This testing site is used for travellers (visitors and residents flying into Bermuda) and outbound travellers (visitors ONLY). This location will be utilized for their day 4, 10, 14 and OUTBOUND test, and will only provide Nasopharyngeal (NP) for adults. Minors will be offered Oropharyngeal (OP) testing if they prefer. Adults can only have Oropharyngeal (OP) testing if they have a doctors note indicating they are not medically fit for nasal test.
Note: Testing times are emailed to travellers.
NOTE: As of 29th July 2020, if you are a traveller (resident or visitor), your appointed dates, times and locations have been booked for you. You will receive a reminder email 24 hours before the test day. DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT.
How to schedule your COVID -19 Test
- Use the following link () to schedule a time and location you wish to attend for the COVID-19 testing. Or call the hotline if you require assistance 444-2498.
- Please bring the confirmation number provided to you in your email reminder when you arrive for your appointment. You can bring a printed copy or you can show it to the testing team on your phone.
- Please bring a photo ID to your appointment. If your child is to be tested, please make every effort to bring an ID for them also (passport, birth certificate).
- If you have a letter from the Chief Medical Officer or the Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit for an appointment, please bring the letter to your appointment.
Outbound Travel Guidance
Residents requiring outbound test to travel
- The Ministry of Health recommends that residents get tested at a designated site 48 hrs before their planned departure date. This leaves time for the lab to process the lab result and ensures that the test will still be valid should travel take more than 24 hrs.
- Those people who require time-sensitive outbound travel tests should use the services of one of the private labs, Helix Genetic and Scientific Solutions, helixbermuda.bm, or C & S West Limited, cswest.bm. Both of these labs are certified to carry out COVID-19 testing and diagnostics. The MDL is processing thousands of tests each day, and for those who must travel, a private lab may be a quicker option at this time.
- If a resident has travelled in the last 14 days and needs to travel again, they are still in the traveller 14 day guidance window and can book an appointment at Perot Post Office to get their outbound test.
Click here to return to the COVID-19 homepage.