• How long will I have to be on curfew?
  • How often do I have to report to my supervising officer when on Probation?
  • What can I do if my relative or significant other has a problem with substance abuse?

    Referral can be made to the Bermuda Assessment and Referral Centre (BARC), who will completed a comprehensive assessment and make a referral to the appropriate treatment agency. The case manager works along with the client to ensure a smooth transition and offer support to the client. Any individual with substance abuse problems must be assessed.
  • Can I choose my supervising officer?
  • How long does it take to complete a Social Inquiry Report?
  • Can I travel if I am on Probation?
  • What is the difference between probation and parole?
    Probation is the imposition of a sentence requiring a period of Court ordered supervision in the community. It requires the offender to abide by certain special conditions while under supervision. The period of supervision is for a fixed period of a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years.
  • Who makes sure curfews are followed?
  • Why do clients have to take urine tests and who administers them?
  • What happens if I violate my Order?
  • Will a Probation Officer visit my home?
  • Can I drink alcohol when on Probation or parole?
  • How long does it take to complete a report, on average?
  • How many programmes are run each week and how can I enroll?
  • If I refer my relative who has a substance problem, will they be drug tested, and how often.
  • How do I refer my friend or relative who has a drug problem, and what does it entail?
  • What does a Social inquiry Report entail?
  • Where are people placed to perform community service hours?